Today at the Hulu Upfront Presentation in New York City’s Hammerstein Ballroom, Hulu CEO Mike Hopkins, Head of Advertising Sales, Peter Naylor and SVP Head of Content, Craig Erwich, took the stage to announce that Hulu has acquired the exclusive subscription video on-demand (SVOD) rights to all episodes of iconic sitcom Seinfeld and has signed a new, multi-year agreement with AMC that grants Hulu the streaming rights to future programming from AMC Networks.
In addition to landmark content agreements, Hulu also announced a 50% increase in subscribers, and presented its new slate of Hulu Originals.
Saturday Night Live’s Taran Killam hosted the event and welcomed talent, including:
– Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld)
– J.J. Abrams and James Franco (11/22/63)
– Amy Poehler, Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner (Difficult People)
– Jason Reitman and Zander Lehmann (Casual)
– Jason Katims (The Way)
– Seth Meyers (The Awesomes)
– Freddie Wong (RocketJump: The Show)
– Matt Stone (South Park)